Happy Easter to everyone at home. Here in Kazakhstan, today is the New Year. It's a celebration of spring - where there is 12 hours of daylight. It's a big holiday, and of course, another delay for us. They go all out - decorating buildings like the University. Dave thinks everyone will get the Festivus reference from Seinfeld - I'm not so sure. We'll be having our Festivus celebration tonight. Dave says there's some wrestling involved and a big shiny pole is used. Looking forward to it!
A great big THANK YOU to everyone who posted a comment on our blog, or sent us an email. You really have no idea how much it helps us to hear from friends and family. We laughed so hard at some of the comments - it was great.
We have some news to share. We have a pre-court date - it's Wednesday March 26! It's where the judge meets with us, our coordinator, the Department of Education and the Orphanage director (and perhaps other various representatives). They ensure all of the documentation is in place, that there are no outstanding issues, then set a court date. Unfortunately, it appears that some of the required documentation may not arrive in time, and one item may not arrive at all. This would mean more delays! So please pray for us that all of the required papers will arrive, and in time for pre-court this week!
If all goes well, we may be able to post pictures of Rylan next weekend!
Since the Top 10 list appears to have been a success, we're working on other blog entries to try and match the popularity of that one. Any suggestions?
10 comments:
okay ,I have my fingers&toes crossed for you guys! I can't wait to see some pictures!
Tori
Stacey, it's Connie. Of couse I know Festivus , I'm still watching those reruns.What better place to celebrate it than in Kazakhstan. Good to hear that all is going well, albeit slowly. That's the way it is there, I've been in that part of the world. Looking forward to seeing your little guy.Best wishes to all 3 of you.
Wishing you a Happy Easter
from back home! Every one is excited for you and hope they can see all of you safe at home. Guess it will be a bit in the future...but till then!
Aunty Evelyn Woytowich
Hey Stacey,
Not sure if you remember me--Tricia, Tanya's cousin. She sent me a link to your blog as conception just isn't happening for us, and adoption is something we are considering. It is really helping me/us to read what you are going through (although I wish it was a lot less delayed for you!) It must be amazing to hold Rylan in your arms, and you must be dreaming of what you'll do once you're back in Canada as a family! Sending you wishes and crossed fingers that everything goes well for you on March 26th!
Tricia Wilson (nee Hamilton)
Congratulations on your pre court date. One step closer. Hope the documentation or lack thereof does not cause any delay.
Happy New Year. We arrived in Kaz the day after new years last year and they were still in celebration mode. It continued through the weekend.
Stacey and Dave, I will be praying for you this week that your paperwork gets sorted out and your pre-court is a success. Happy Easter!
Kathy McCamis
Dave and Stacey,
We found your blog through Suzanne from Tampa, Fl. We just got to Uralsk today. We are in the Pushkin, Room 112. Would love to meet you when you have time.
Linda and Craig
Hi Dave & Stacey
I don't know if you remember me, I am Nicole's mom, Kirk's mother in law. Nikki has passed your blog address to me & I am so happy that she did. I have to say that you have done an amazing job in documenting your journey. Like you, I laughed & cried (only because this is such a wonderful & beautiful event in your lives) Rylan is so lucky to have such loving & caring parents. Good luck with all the red tape. I will keep reading your blog. By the way I am an autopac agent & last week this fellow came in & we got to talking & guess what, turns out he is Dave's dad. Small world!!
Kepp up the good work...
Paulette
It's snowing like a son of a *****
here. Wish I was any place but here.
Rick
PS
I got stood up for big Joe on Saturday real surprise hey.
Stacey and Dave,
Congratulations to both of you. I have never been so thrilled for any couple. And I'm saying that from the heart, truly. I know you will be great parents, what a lucky little boy Rylan is. I am really looking forward to meeting this little angel. Wishing you all the luck in the world in your court date. I'm sure everything will go smoothly. Think positive thoughts.
We all have been enjoying this Blog. What a great thing to do for Rylan to read when he is much older.
Keep up the great witty comments.
Sharon Sarna (front reception from Staceys now second favorite job)
Post a Comment