Saturday, February 16, 2008
One for the road...
Well, this is the last post I'll make before we leave. Our parents will be by early in the morning to take us to the airport. We'll fly to Montreal, Frankfurt, and arrive in Almaty Kazakhstan at 2:15 am on February 19. We've been told we'll be spending the night in a hotel in Almaty, and leaving for Uralsk the following day. That means we won't be able to settle in to our new place until Thursday. I sure hope I'll be able to sleep on the plane - I haven't been doing much of that this past week. I worked my last day at the hospital on Friday Feb 8, but didn't know that was my last day until Thursday (when our flights were confirmed). I have the best group of co-workers anyone could ask for - they gave me a bon voyage lunch, and supplied me with everything I'll need in my Kazakhstan Survival Kit and Meal Replacement Kit. It was so touching - I still can't believe they went to all of that work - it was so creative! We've also appreciated all of the phone calls and messages from our family and friends. It's overwhelming to realize just how many people are supporting us, and wishing us well in this life changing event. Thank you all for your encouraging words - this has been such a long, and often emotionally draining process to get to this point in our lives - we appreciate your support more than you know. I've done pretty well with my maintaining my composure so far, let's hope the waterworks don't start too early tomorrow! Please keep leaving comments and emailing us - we'll see you later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Good luck guys!
Jeremy, Katie and William.
It is the journey of a lifetime! Safe travels and you WILL need that food replacement kit! ha! Thank you for letting those of us that have gone before, follow and relive such a blessed and beautiful and ever-changing journey. Many blessings to you as you go! Karen Kitzman (met our boy Nick last year at this same time!)
Good luck and safe travels.
Have a safe trip and keep us updated! The suspense is killing me!!!!
Kelly and Geoff
Hey Baby K,
Can't wait to meet you and have a play-date. My mom said that you and we can have as much ice cream, candy and cookies as we want! Hurry home!
Taylor xx
I wish you a safe journey and will follow your progress.
Aunty Evelyn Woytowich
Good luck!
Hope you guys are having fun!
Got the web cam hooked up with, and tested with the folks a few times, so as soon as you have a chance, try to test yours out!
CARLSONS
Hi Stacey and Dave,
Hope your trip went well. We will be reading you blog daily before coffe time. It will be like a mini Soap Opera. Good luck!!!
Mark
I'm so glad you gave me this website to keep in touch. I am so happy for you guys! safe travels and let me know (whent things have settled of course)& when you want to see some friends! I'd love to meet your newest family member! Good luck again.
I'm soo excited for you two!
Tori&family
Dave and Stacey,
We are so glad you made it there safely. Good luck with the rest of the process. We are anxious to meet our new neice/nephew.
Take care of yourselves, Love,
Liz, Darren and Brandon
Post a Comment