I've decided to go back and post my favorite pictures we took of Rylan during our visits at the baby house. I can't possibly post all of them - there are about 500. The card in the picture is from his cousin Livia, who wanted to make something for her first cousin.
Well, it's only taken a week, but we've figured out who calls the shots in this family - and it's Rylan. Last night he had his first full blown temper tantrum. Apparently he disagreed with the fact that he had to go to sleep. There was a lot of screaming, leg kicking, arm flailing, and head shaking involved. And then there was Rylan.... Dave's still looking for the snooze button on him, but so far, no luck. It wouldn't have been so bad if we were home, but in a hotel with other guests at 11 pm, it's not that funny for mommy and daddy. I gave in and put him on our bed, and he settled instantly. Then he rolled onto his stomach and started to play. Just to rub in in, he would look at the crib and shake his head no, then return to playing. It didn't take long for him to crash after that, and to the crib he went. I'm telling you, I'm counting the days until we are home. There will be different rules at home, for sure.
We received good news yesterday - the medical was approved in London. Today we had to go and notarize some more forms, and pay for our Visas into Russia. On Monday our coordinator will apply for our Visas. We should have a better idea by mid week when Rylan's passport will be ready, and then we can try and arrange for our tickets to Moscow. It finally feels like things are moving forward!
3 comments:
Different rules when you guys get home? RRRRRIGHTTT. There is a new sheriff in town.His name is Rylan!!!
Hey guys! Beautiful pictures :) Glad to hear things are progressing well. . . all the best to you! Lucky you with the nice weather; we're still dropping on the minus side & have a relatively slow melt on the go. Again, we are so happy for you :)
All our best,
Colleen & A.J.
Getting Sadie to sleep was difficult. Not at first but after the first week. Unfortunately she would not settle downt to sleep with us or we would have been okay with that.
So I rocked her and rocked her through her pushing me away and screaming until she would pass out. I'd put her in her crib just to see if she wanted to go to sleep on her own, but after a couple minutes of crying I'd take her out because of course letting a newly child cry it out is a big no no, according to attachment experts anyway, so we persevered and made it through. It got much better much quickly after getting home. Very quickly after having her bottle she would settle down and either fall asleep for the night or let me put her in her crib where she would quickly drift off for the night.
While Sadie didn't show any "grieving" affects of leaving the baby house, bed time and naptime were our only issues.
Until the CARSEAT. I haven't met anyone else that had the severe carseat issues that we did and I wasn't prepared for that. Thankfully that only lasted a couple of months.
This time in Kaz is so great because you are getting to know each other in the most difficult of circumstances (being away from home) so hopefully by the time you make it home he will settle in to his new life quickly!!
He's so darn cute!
Kristan (Kaz mommie to Sadie)
Post a Comment